AMS Specialty Conference Travel Grant
Share, learn, and collaborate at a specialty conference for free!
AMS recognizes the considerable benefit that students can gain from attending conferences even if they are not presenting a paper. AMS wants to encourage interactions among students, their peers, and professionals in the field. Travel grants will be awarded to students who are not presenting a paper at a conference.
The grant program is available to AMS student members and members with student privileges who are in their last undergraduate year or who are graduate students.
Travel Grants Offered for the Following Specialty Conferences:
CHANGES TO MEETING DATES AND DEADLINES WILL APPLY AS THEY COME IN DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS!
*Students who previously submitted an application will have to resubmit an application for the 2021 conferences.
Applications will not be considered after the deadline date provided next to each conference
- 2020 AMS Washington Forum > February 21, 2020 deadline Applications are no longer being accepted for this conference
- 34th Conference on Hurricanes and Tropical Meteorology > New conference date: May 9-14 2021
- 13th Fire and Forest Meteorology Symposium > New conference date: May 11-13 2021
- 34th Conf. on Agricultural and Forest Meteorology/Fifth Conference on Atmospheric Biogeosciences (combined) > New conference date: June 21-23 2021
- 19th Conference on Mountain Meteorology > May 8, 2020 deadline
- 30th Conference on Severe Local Storms > August 7, 2020 deadline